Saturday, January 10, 2009

The First Day of Class


The first day of class felt like a tidal wave of awesomeness. I would compare it to the first day that I ever ate a fruit roll up. - yeah for realz.

Entry about Scratch Film Junkies "To the Beat":

Note: When I was quickly writing this in 3 minutes, it felt much more articulate than today in the light-of-day.

6x1 Var January 8th, 2009

I liked how harmonious the images and sounds were. It felt like both sight and sound had melded into one.
I drew diagrams of the cells that I had liked. I really liked the bars that moved across the screen. It interested me that they had animated the bars. Also, I thought the color compositions were extremely visually pleasing. Especially, the strips that had blue, white, and purple circles.

Perhaps because I really just like it, or maybe because I have altered film, I really respected the composition of this film. It didn't feel like scratched films that just feel really random with no flow to the film. I thought they masterfully coordinated the transitions without being to disjointed. I look forward to seeing more of their pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment