Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ideas for Image Capturing.

Can we sketch images?
If so I would sketch some images and use a scanner to import them. Actually. I hate scanners to be honest. They take so long to import. I'm stressed about the timing of the 48 hour project as is. I'm going to be juggling the organization of the Cheese Sandwich Film Festival and trying to complete my 48 hour film. I hope it turns out masterful. I've been brainstorming on alternative ways to import and create images for film. Last year at the end of semester screening in December at Jengo's I saw some pretty cool ideas. The video from the cell phone was pretty creative. Well, maybe not creative, but ingenious because it saves time and energy. I'm thinking that I'm going to use my Canon Hi-Res still camera and shoot on continuous mode. Emily used this camera for her Rhythmic Editing project. I think the tonality and quality of the shots were pretty superb. As for the content - not so much.
During the screening last December, I was trying to think of alternative ways to capture images. Its kind of a tricky assignment since we are not supposed to use traditional cameras. I'm not sure what else I could use. I know somebody is going to use a method to capture images that is going to make me entirely jealous of their ingenuity. I was wondering if we could use found footage. I think that would be awesome to layer found footage and audio for my project. The overall project would feel more polished if I could do that and then import images from photoshop. I really like that idea actually. If I knew the feel of my project then I could begin to make some audio for it, but I haven't a clue. It all depends on the damn mystery object. If its a knife I'll make a dark theme song and if its a butterfly I'll make a happier song. It's all really in the air right now.
I was thinking that I could record off the television and use footage from broadcasts and the cooking channels. I'll have to get on food network's programming site and see if they are going to have any cheese sandwich episodes in the near future. That would be fantastic timing.
Its great that we are getting to exhibit our films at CSFF. The whole assignment is about community involvement in film and alternative modes of exhibition. What could be better than a music and film microfilm festival set here in our very backyard. Enough self promotion.
While I was sitting here at working thinking about my 48 hour project a thought came to mind. It would be incredible to print thousands of tiny images onto paper and do magazine transfer style onto film and then project that. Then I would use a continuous camera to shoot the projection of the film and cut it up and edit the projected film. I would do it if I didn't have conflicting time issues. I think it would play out really well with music. I could pause it and speed it up at different points.
It could also be cool to use found footage animation to make my 48 hour project. I wish I knew how to capture video off the internet. I think I'm the only person in film studies that doesn't. I'm not technically savvy. Blah. When I find out what the mystery object is, I'll have a better idea of how I want to tackle this project. Also, my time issues, like i said will play a big part in determining how my project comes together. tatta.

No comments:

Post a Comment