Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blog 48 Hour RaCE


I have to admit that the night of the 48 Hour race was the best in my entire life and if all the films were composed of still shots of a cheese sandwich for 100 minutes I probably still would have liked it. I'm not really the best to ask for an opinion on that night. The Cheese Sandwich Film Festival was random, quirky, and eccentric. The only way it could have been better is if Robert Delford Brown was there. He was a friend of mine and Jengo's and he passed away a few days before. He was the definition of eccentricity and loveliness. The essence of the 48 hour race is stirring. Jarring KABLAAM. I was dealing with extreme stress the week of the festival. I would classify it as good stress for the most part, but still it was stress and I wasn't sleeping very well. I almost called you Andre to ask you if I could have an extension on the assignment. I'm so glad that I didn't. I had fun using the stills from my camera to make the final project. Gladly, when I went to the editing room a group of film students were in there. With the help of those students in the editing lab, especially Brandon Smith, I got the whole timeline together. If I hadn't gone to the editing lab to work on my 48 hour project, I wouldn't have been able to receive the help I needed for the festival. It's funny how things work out better than you could have expected. I was a bit dissapointed with how my project played though. I should have inserted slugs or something where I wanted my project to be black. Somehow all the parts I wanted to be black were compressed together. It was supposed to be more rhythmic than it was. But what the freak ever, I threw together a ba film festival with ba films. All my friends and family (that had tickets) were there. I'm glad we got to get rid of a ton of beer, soda, and excess bribes on the table, at the 48 hour race. I was also really impressed by the films that my fellow students had. I thought it was amazing that so many people stayed after to watch the films after the festival. That said a lot about the environtment.
best
night
ever
ever.
seriously fucking ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment